April 18, 2010

Team Freeborn Self-Portrait

Insert the standard, "sorry we haven't updated in so long," line here... remember how several months ago I was complaining about the internet speed here is Germany was like a telegraph? Well... now it seems to have become a very popular telegraph. Poooooodt.

Anyhow, to the point. Nathan drew this tonight during an unsanctioned gathering of artists. (Unsanctioned because it was at 9:45pm; consisted of him and his sister, Sydney; and resulted in both of them looking like a pair of drunken sailors fresh out of the tatoo parlor on their first shore liberty). But like I was saying, he moseys into my office quite non-chalent and says matter of factly, "Dad, I drew this picture of Team Freeborn for Uncle Justin. Can you mail it to him?"

I promised I would and reluctantly put him and Syd back to bed. (Emphasis on the "reluctantly" part of that). Still, I couldn't just mail this off without recording it somehow though... Justin will get the original, commensurate with the artist's wishes, but that's no reason we all can't enjoy it.

Some fun stuff I noticed while I was waiting for every German in a 250 "kilometer" radius to go to sleep:

1- Zoe is laying down.
2- Jaime and I are holding hands.
3- Boys have much longer bodies than girls
4- Everyone is happy

It's nice to get a report card on being a parent every now and then...


1 comment:

Kari, Rob, Caroline and Katherine said...

in the spirit of friendship, here is some artistic commentary on Nathan's drawing:

Seriously, when did all the Freeborns grow chicken feet? I assume it was the same time you all went through chemo and lost your hair? Cluck cluck. F.