April 03, 2009

Peace, Love, Rock & Roll

My apologies if you've been wanting for new episodes in the life-and-times of Team Freeborn. The blame for our lack of updates is mostly my fault... although Jaime's FACEBOOK site should share some of the responsibility. I guess I should give up on this format and just make a Team Freeborn facebook page... I don't know, something about the whole "will you be my friend" thing on there seems part creepy and part desperate. This format feels like the internet should: detached, and one-way based communication. Just because you're reading this page, doesn't mean we're "networked" and neither of us can really use the other for a job reference... although an alarming number of people have mentioned our United Airlines post within the first 30 minutes of meeting. I guess Airline misery is a common thread that defines our culture.

Anyhow, our summer plans changed rapidly and without warning over the past couple of months. (I was going to travel with work May-Sept, then Feb-July, then not at all, then maybe at any time, then Feb again, then not at all again, etc...). Either way, the worst case schedule was the one that was settled on: I'll be gone for the brith of Team Freeborn #3. So, Jaime took the kiddos and fled Europe for greener, sunnier, and more supportive patures. Before they left, though, we threw a party exploring the course of action that seemed the least likely: peace. So I grew my hair out over the weekend (and grew a mustache), and Jaime burned a couple bra's and quit shaving her legs.


Here's Ben and Jaime just prior to the party:


Here's a couple friends of ours, the Fuego Family came dressed as squares... he was campaigning for Barry Goldwater. I appreciated his reaching out across the cutural aisle and experimenting with some apple-flavored tobacco. That's Rider there, tending the hookah... he was our hook-up for the night.

No comments: