August 19, 2005

The hits keep on rollin'


So we snuck out on the town for a night while we're hanging out in this garden-spot of the world. A few of the local guys accompanied us as guides. They were great- very anxious to show us a good time and all. Things did not go well.
I met this dude name "Shoju" while on the town. He seemed a nice enough guy: pretty quiet overall, but he really warmed the party up... not really funny by himself, but he really made everyone else's jokes hilarious. Turns out he really was a bastard though.
It was getting late in the night, we had hung out with this Shoju dude most of the night. Get this: right out of nowhere he punches me right in the head. Hard. So I'm not really having fun any longer... my senses are dulled and I bolt for home. But this dirty SOB follows me home. He waits until I lay down to go to sleep, then he punches me again. In the stomach. Really hard.
So now I'm throwing up. Really, really hard. For a long time. It sucks. But eventually, I fight this a-hole, Shoju, off and go to sleep.
The next morning, I'm pretty groggy, having just been in a fight and all. So I shower, and while I'm shaving I notice something weird in the mirror. I had been sick so violently, that I got an overpressure injury in my eye. Some of the little capillaries (sp?) had burst and left about 25% of my left eye bright red. It looks horrible... ly cool. I've been using the shock value to my advantage all week in meetings and arguments.
Shoju and I have agreed to go our seperate ways. Forever.

5 comments:

Stef said...

Ben! What the hell? Did you ever find out why he punched you? Congrats on the sweet battle scar though =)

Team Freeborn said...

Stef... I never did find out what I did to deserve the abuse. I thought things were going nicely, maybe even that I had made a new friend. Then... out of nowhere... well, you know the rest.

ps- Shoju is a kind of liquor.

Stef said...

Apparently, I'm totally gulible... I get it now. It's like the boxing match Danny had with Makers' Mark.

Anonymous said...

nice story... reads very well. i've never partied with Mr. Shoju, but he sounds like a dick. Maybe he and his German cousin Mr. Jagermeister should square off... a fight to the finish.

PG

Team Freeborn said...

Now THAT sounds like an epic battle. I would not want to be anywhere near that conflict. You know that ill mannered Senior Tequilla would show up at the end of the fight to claim victory.